Golden Triangle Games – June 16
CFB will be hosting our next competition, The Golden Triangle Games, on Saturday June 16 at CrossFit Beaumont to see who’s the fittest Man and Woman in the area! The event will start at 9am and end around 3pm. We will have a standard and scaled division for both men and women. Each division will be capped at 20 athletes so email [email protected] ASAP to reserve your spot. It will cost $20 to compete with cash prizes for the top male and female athletes in the standard division. (paid in cash only on the day of competition) Include in the email which division you would like to compete in. Only compete in the standard division if you can do 70% or more workouts as prescribed.The scaled division will still be difficult as well, if you can do some things as prescribed but still have trouble with the bigger weights and more difficult movements then this division is for you. If you’re not sure if you can handle the scaled division email me telling me a little bit about what you can do and I can give you a better idea of what to expect.
Judges/Volunteers – We need about 10 judges and 5 volunteers to help us out on the day of the competition. If you don’t want to compete but would like to help out keeping scoreboards updated, organizing heats, setting up equipment, etc let us know via email.
This event will be open to residents of the Golden Triangle Area, Beaumont, Mid-County, Bridge City, Lumberton, Vidor, Silsbee, etc. This event is open to anyone who wants to test their fitness whether they workout at a CrossFit gym or not; We’re looking for the best! As always bring your own refreshments and stick around for the after party!
Guidelines to help determine your division (mens rx/mens scaled womens rx/womens scaled)
- Standard divisions will do double unders, scaled with have the option of double or single unders
- Your max deadlift should be over (365/300M 200/155W) We will not be maxing out, this is just to gauge your ability
- There will be no muscle-ups, handstand push-ups, or toes to bar.
- All men, and standard women will be doing pull-ups. Scaled women will be using a red band
- All men should be comfortable with a 53# Kettlebell, All Women should be comfortable with a 35# Kettlebell
- All men should be comfortable with a 20# medicine ball, all women should be comfortable with a 14# medicine ball
- There will be other lifts and movements but these guidelines should be enough to give you an idea of whether or not you are able to compete and in which division.