Pardon My French
Refer to 3/11/11
Some rules at CFB…
- Arrive early and stay late. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community. Besides, if you’re late, it’s 5 burpees per minute.
- Engage your brain when you walk in the door. Be aware and respectful of your surroundings. If there is teaching going on stay quiet so people can hear and learn. If there is a WOD going on, stay out of the way and off the equipment until your class begins.
- Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Check your ego at the door.
- EMPTY barbells were not designed to be dropped. We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily. Dropping empty barbells is 100 burpees per occurrence.
- Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket because all the extra dust covers everything in the entire gym and makes it very hard to keep the clean atmosphere you’ve become used to.
- Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Clean up sweat, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind.
- Grunting, screaming, cussing and otherwise making noise are all welcome and encouraged during a workout. There is such a thing as gentle, quiet strength, although most of us haven’t mastered that yet. Also remember that there can be such a thing as too loud, crass, gross, or rude – please be respectful.
- And regarding any burpee incentives… you may cry and whine all you want, as long as we can hear you counting.