“CrossFit Kids is not merely a scaled down version of CrossFit. It is entirely and absolutely Crossfit, geared and designed for a special population and the specific developmental needs of that population.”
-Mikki, CrossFit Kids Co-Founder
CrossFit Beaumont is excited to offer CrossFit Kids classes. Each class will be led by a certified CrossFit Kids trainer, and programmed with the needs of your children in mind. The classes will be separated by age group, as children of different ages have different developmental needs. This is an overview of what each class will be like.
Preschool Ages 3-6
The classes will last around 15-20 minutes. We will have a warm up, WOD (Workout Of the Day), and game in each class. There will also be skill work in most classes. Fun is one of the most important variables in a CFK pre-school class. We want the children to pair fitness with fun for the rest of their lives. There will be little to no weights used in these classes. Classes will start August 30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:00PM. The cost is $50/month for non members and $45/month for members of CFB or one of our BootCamps. Contact us at [email protected] to get your discount applied to your childs membership.
Kids Ages 7-12
The classes will last 30 minutes. There will be a warm up, focus/skill work, WOD, and game in every class. Like the preschoolers, fun is an important part of this CFK class. This is the age where we will start to introduce weights and talk about nutrition. We will not tell your child to do paleo. We will talk to them about making good choices and really thinking about how what they eat affects their body. Classes will start August 30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:25PM. The cost is $50/month for non members and $45/month for members of CFB or one of our BootCamps. Contact us at [email protected] to get your discount applied to your childs membership.
Your child’s safety is one of our biggest concerns. Because of this we have a few rules for ourselves as well as for the parents. For instance, a child will not be given weights until they have shown that they can complete the movement safely. Our trainers will get to know the children in each class and know each child’s specific needs. The trainer will always have each child in their eyesight. All equipment will be sanitized and deemed safe for a child’s use.
Rules for the parents
1. Every child must have an emergency contact card filled out, and waiver signed before starting classes.
2. Children in the Preschool and Kids classes will need to be walked from the parking lot to the instructor and picked up by a parent each time. If someone else is going to pick them up, you must notify the trainer in advance.
3. Children must be potty trained before starting CFK classes
4. Have your children use the bathroom before classes so as not to interrupt. If your child needs help using the bathroom, you must be there to assist them.
5. We would love if you would stay and watch your child workout, but please leave the coaching to us.
6. Please be positive with your children when talking about CF. Your attitude will affect your child’s.
If you have any questions about our CFK classes please contact us.